Basic Guide to Using the InkCase i7/ i7+ (Basic guide)
Thank you for getting the InkCase i7/ i7+. The short video below will bring you through a short guide on how to use our InkCase i7/ i7+. Do spend some time watching it. (Tip: Turn on the subtitles for more information)
In the video, we went through the following points:
1) When unboxing the InkCase, do ensure that you have the following items:
a) The InkCase with a warning leaflet behind (Please read the leaflet);
b) The charging cable;
c) The instructions manual;
*If you are missing the charging cable, do contact our customer service for assistance.
2) Updating of firmware should always be the first thing you should do on a new InkCase. Go to our firmware update page for InkCase i7 and InkCase i7+ and download the required firmware. Once downloaded, do remember where you downloaded the files to. We would recommend putting them on your desktop for easy reference. Install the firmware updater, locate the firmware file (.img file), connect your InkCase to your PC/ Mac using the cable, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds or more. Once the updater reads your InkCase, click on the upgrade button and let it update. Once you have successfully updated the firmware, your InkCase will reboot. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the start up guide.
3) Before using the InkCase, do not forget to peel off the protective layer. That way, you will be getting a full experience of our InkCase. But it is all right if yours does not come with the protective layer.
4) To put on the InkCase on your iPhone, simply start by inserting your iPhone from the left side, then push the right side in by clipping it in, starting the top then bottom. To remove the InkCase, use both thumbs and push out the iPhone from the camera hole. Once you see a small gap between the InkCase and your iPhone, slide your finger from the top to the bottom and remove the iPhone.
*Note: Oaxis will not be responsible for any crack screens from improper removal method of the InkCase.
Photos, News and Widgets Guide
In the video below, we show you how to use the Photos, News and Widgets section. Again, please switch on the subtitles for more explanation.
In the video above, we covered the following points:
1) Pairing up the InkCase to your iPhone. When booting up your InkCase, do take note of its serial number at the bottom left of the screen. Download our InkCase app from the App Store. When you start the app for the very first time, do select the InkCase you have gotten. Once in the app, go to "My InkCase -> Device List" and select your InkCase. Be sure to turn on your Bluetooth. Once it is paired, let your iPhone transfer some data over to the InkCase and you should be done.
2) Differentiating selected items. If you see a selection turning black, it means that you have selected that option.
3) How to use the Photo menu in the app. The Photo section has been divided into two parts: The top half, where images are ready to be sent to your InkCase; and the bottom half, where images from your Photo album on your iPhone will here. Images here need to be edited before sending to your InkCase. To send an image to your InkCase, tap on the image, and "Send to InkCase". If you selected an image on your photo album, an editor will pop up and require you to crop and save the image, before you can upload it to your InkCase.
4) To take a selfie, simple tap on the camera icon on the top right corner of the Photos menu. Select "Selfie" in the pop up, and your screen will change to what your camera sees. On the bottom right, you will see a thumbnail of what is been shown on the InkCase. There will be a 1 to 3 seconds lag time from what your camera sees, and what is displayed on the InkCase. Simply use your back camera and snap a picture using the Volume Down button.
5) To customise an image for your Lock Screen and Power off screen, you will have to first enable them in "My InkCase". Once enabled, go to Photos and tap on the image that you want, and select the desired image for either your Lock Screen or Power off screen.
6) Next, we learn how to transfer an eBook to InkCase. Currently, our InkCase supports .txt files and non-DRM ePubs book. Do ensure that you convert them to these formats before transferring the books to your iPhone via the email option. Once they are uploaded into the InkCase app, tap on the eBook and "Send to InkCase". On your InkCase, you may select different books by navigating to the "Book" icon. You may select chapters of the book in the "Chapter" icon (second icon from the left).
7) To read news on your InkCase, simply go to the News menu in the app, tap on the upload icon on the top right hand corner, and select the duration of articles you wish to read. If the news article fail to transfer over, shut down and restart the app and try again. Once the news article are uploaded onto your InkCase, you may read them from select the News menu in your InkCase.
8) Font size of the eBook may be changed by going to "My InkCase -> Reader -> Settings". You may make it bigger, align to the left, middle or right, or adjust the spacing in between the lines.
How to transfer e-books to the InkCase
How to transfer e-books to the InkCase from a MacBook
How to use the "Read It Later" function
InkCase i7 installation and removal guide
InkCase IVY installation and removal guide